Wednesday 11 November 2015

Time to get Shirty

I love a good shirt or blouse. I don't own many, however, as it's extremely difficult to find ones that will fasten across my rather large chest. I am always envious of the lovely ladies in the blogs I follow, when they post pictures of them looking positively darling in their vintage shirts and blouses. You can imagine my happiness then, when I found a lovely silky shirt that not only buttoned up over the two mountains that I have to srap inside a bra each day, but that was also perfectly vintage. I should point out that the actual shirt isn't vintage in age, that would be nigh on impossible, ladies from long ago did not seem to have boobs like mine. I am just happy to have a shirt that is wearable, and to celebrate, I thought I would do a post to show a couple of different looks with it. So here we go;


I've gone for a bit of a land girl look here. I really like how the shirt looks with a shorter sleeved top over it. The shirt has a grey and orange pattern on it, that contrasts beautifully with the green. I love trying colours together that you wouldn't normally see side by side.


Here, you can see the pattern more clearly. I added an autumn themed brooch that looked great and carried the colours through.


I often wear a headscarf over my hair and this outfit definitely called for such a look. I'm not too hot at selfie taking, as you can tell. I need longer arms!
 On to the next look;



This is a more formal look. I picked this skirt up in a charity shop for 50p! It's a great winter skirt and was crying out to be put together with my burgundy tights and jumper. 


Again, the colours on the shirt wouldn't necessarily be thought of when looking at my jumper, but, I think it really works. I couldn't resist adding this cute cameo.


Another great selfie! And will I never remember my glasses so you don't have to gawp at my lopsided eyes! I don't often have my hair fully up either, but, I think it's quite a nice look with that added flower.



I don't know, you wait ages for a decent pair of winter footwear and then 3 throw themselves at you at once. Aren't these little booties just so perfect? Look at that fur top, it just screams the 50s. My feet are certainly going to be well cared for this winter.
 So there we have it, a blog post with me in a shirt, who would have thought it? Not me that's for sure.
                                Till next time dears xx

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice to find something vintage appropriate :) the shirt looks fab, I like it under the green short sleeves jumper. My winter boots have fur trimmed tops too, they're so snuggly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love warm feet, I really think that vintage boots are great for keeping your toes warm. I can't wait to see your boots as the weather gets colder xx

      Delete
  2. These ensembles are absolutely delicious. Particularly the one with the green top. Your eyes are gorgeous darling. Not like mine, one that not only squints but s a totally different colour to the other! As for boobs, you should have seen my grandmother's (dad's mum that is) and at least you have two!! Lovely, lovely, lovely. Have you ever seen those really high leather or suede zip up boots that were so popular in the late 40s early 50s? I've never seen any on t'interweb. They are calf high, but you could also get ankle height ones too, with a thick furry lining they kept your feet really snug. They'd really suit you, but I think they might be a bit pricey if you do find some. Chat tomorrow - oh, the cafe dwellers say thank you for the lovely wartime food you've delivered to them. Really appropriate too as it was Armistice Day. xx

    ReplyDelete