Friday 6 November 2015

Tally ho!

I thought I would match my outfit to the colours of the trees today, I mean, why the hell not! 
 Alex has been working on a tweed skirt for me for a little while. We bought the tweed material a good while ago, a whole load of it for just £5. We knew we had enough to make a skirt and a waistcoat from it. So far only the skirt is finished, but, I'm so pleased with it. 
 First off however, il show you what I wore today. It's all a bit 'jolly hockey sticks' I think, hence the title.


Yes, I look very nowty on the photo. What can I say, it's my natural expression, I'm really a very nice person! I love mustard colours, they are lovely and earthy and go with so many other colours. I have been after some polo necks for a while. I wanted them to go under shirts and cardigans, I think they look quite classy. I love these thick brown slacks, I wear them a lot, they are very practical and comfy. 
 Now onto the skirt, which also looked great combined with these tops.


 
I wanted a more 30s look to the skirt, I really like the length, and finding skirts that are mid calf length is hard for me as my legs are 1 inch long. The tweed is a gorgeous traditional close pattern. It made it very easy to work with as there was no pattern matching required. Alex did a phenomenal job, she made the skirt from scratch. She did everything, she made her own pattern and worked out where to put darts in and how to do the back split. I wanted a small feature on the skirt, and chose to have two rows of buttons following the seams of the front panel. We found the buttons as part of a job lot in an antique store. It's just the look I was after and goes well with thick tights and sensible shoes. The waistcoat will be just as great, and I'll do a post on them both, where I'll also remember to get a picture of the gorgeous iridescent green lining we have used. A perfect winter skirt. 


This is my new handbag, It's a great autumn colour too and goes perfectly with my skirt, as you can see.


I've had this brooch for a while, it was originally a pendent, but I thought it worked better as a brooch. It is a little like a sweetheart brooch, although the man looks way too clever for me! 
 I hope you are all enjoying the autumn and the glorious colours. 
                        Till next time dears xx

3 comments:

  1. Fab skirt! I love the button detailing and that handbag is just lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you mean jolly hockey sticks, tally ho! is a horsey statement. Nevertheless, it is one of my all time favourite looks, country tweeds and all that. Sadly I am too fat to get away with this look, and being lopsided too - well, say no more.

    The ever brilliant Alex has come up with the goods again. I love all tweeds, checks, etc. The styling is perfect for you dear. As for the brooch, fantastic. He looks the typical Victorian/Edwardian gentleman with this twirly moustache. Is it Hercule? That handbag is to die for, but I can only manage satchel type bags as my walking stick and shopping bag get in the way. Now there's a thought, to finish off the country look, get a cheap wooden walking stick - it might come in handy one day. And yes, I'd love to see the delicious sounding lining to that gorgeous skirt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic purse! I can never, ever get enough of anything - be it fashion, decor, or otherwise - in dark, rich shades of garnet, oxblood, maroon and especially burgundy. This whole autumnal hued outfit is chic and very lovely.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete