Saturday 31 October 2015

I Little Bit of Lou Lou

I have often read about other bloggers experiences at Lou Lou's Vintage Fairs. They have great reviews and I've wanted to go to one for a while. They travel the country and are often in Sheffield but, I have never been able to get to them. Today however, there was one right on my doorstep and I was determined to go. 


Even the flyer is a lovely thing to look at. We got there at opening time and everything was perfectly set up. Lots of great stalls to browse round, lovely old tunes playing and great lighting, none of the bright white eye hurting lights that seem to be everywhere nowadays. 
 Alex and I had a lovely time wandering around and gazing at all the great stuff on offer. The prices were very reasonable and there was so much choice. I could have come away with several handbags, but, while they weren't expensive, they still weren't the price I was prepared to pay. Several thigs were the price I was prepared to pay though, so I will get on with the job of showing you my lovely new tat. 


This is a beautiful handkerchief bowl. We often see these and Alex likes them a lot, but they are often orange or really quite expensive. We both loved this one, it's such a lovely colour and we had to bring it home with us. 


Excuse the enormity of the photos, I forgot to crop them all before I posted. So, if you can see the teeny specs resting on my giant footstool then you are looking at two pairs of gorgeous earrings, a devine enamel brooch and yet more vintage buttons. These are all in immaculate condition and I can't wait to show them off better by wearing them ( and cropping my photos! ).


This is the prettiest bread bin I've ever seen. It's perfect for my kitchen as I have a lot of green and cream items. I love the Art Deco lettering on the front. I'm using my old bin as a storage for my cloths and natural cleaning solutions that I've mixed up recently. It's looks good in the cupboard under my sink and certainly keeps things tidy. 


 
These are a fab pair of unworn rubber boots ( I'm certainly geared up for wet weather ), they are from the early 60s and I normally wouldn't go for things from that decade but I think these have great 50s styling to them. They are fleecy all the way to the toe, so they will be as warm as toast for me in the winter.



And finally, this is what I wore. I got complemented on my hair while I was there, woohoo! I wanted to wear my handmade 40s skirt and my newly made flower brooches. I think it's a sweet ensemble and quite appropriate for a lovely morning hunting tat. 
                        Till next time dears xx

2 comments:

  1. I'm very glad you managed to get to a Lou Lou Vintage Fair at last. Your new items are, as ever, delightful. I especially love the little rubber boots. You will be snuggly buggly this winter, no matter how cold, damp and otherwise nasty it is.

    The buttons and googaws are darling. I spent many a happy hour sewing buttons on to hand made knits in my time. The two little brooches you wore are an absolute delight. As for the handkerchief bowl - I've often seen these on Flog It etc in really gaudy colours which I haven't liked, but this one has really muted colours, it looks far more classy. I'm glad Alex enjoyed the day too.

    The bread bin looks decidedly familiar. I'm sure either my mum or my gran had one just like that. Probably mum, because gran used to keep a slab of unsliced bread on a huge, thick, wooded breadboard with a dish of margarine on the side. Lovely job dear. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, what lovely finds! The bread bin though, goodness, that is an absolute beauty! You lucky duck, you! I shall now stop using exclamation marks, hehe! xx

    Ps - oops, one more slipped in ....

    ReplyDelete