Thursday 29 October 2015

Happy Finds

Just a quick post to show you the great things that have been added to my treasure cave this week. 
 The weather has been totally miserable but I have a big smile on my face due to some utterly gorgeous tat. It has to be said that I am one cheap date, as the things that make me happiest are always the smallest things. I love details, whether that be the small knick knacks that change the room completely and make it more homely, to the accessories that make an outfit just that bit extra special. 
 This week I have managed to find details such as those. 


This lovely thing is a small detail to add to a room, something that a housewife would have picked up to make a piece of furniture a little bit more user friendly. It's a bakelite tray that sits on the arm of a chair or couch and stays put by gripping on with springy grabber things ( technical speak there ).


It's actually very stable to use, maybe a husband would have put his pipe or drink on there, or maybe a wife would have used it to keep sewing things at hand as she worked of an evening. Who knows, but what I do know is that it's pretty darn useful, even after all these years. 


Now, these are something totally brilliant! Alex actually found them so I can't claim the credit ( not as she reads this blog anyway ), but I'm so glad she did. Yes, the packet says rain overshoes, and that is precisely what they are.


They fold out into stylish shoe covers that have a sole and an elasticated heel opening. They also have a zip front and fold over top details. They can be popped into a handbag ready for a rain emergency. 


I think these are so great, it's actually a brilliant idea as when you are wearing court shoes that leave the top part of your foot exposed, or suede shoes that will be ruined by rain, you can just slip these on quickly and not have to worry about splash marks on your tights or ruined shoes. Yes, you can wear appropriate  shoes in the first place, but sometimes you don't want to be in boots all the time, and there will be occasions where you are out and about and suddenly the heavens open in an unexpected shower ( this is Britain after all ). These are quite rare, especially complete with packaging, Ebay hasn't even got any at the moment and Ebay usually has everything. 


And finally, these beautiful earrings. These are so gorgeous, I could weep! When I look at photos of women from the 40s and 50s, I'm always taken by the loveliness of their accesories. Their hair slides and earrings and brooches are always so delicate and totally beautiful, no one seems to make them quite as wonderful as they used to anymore. So it's understandable that I had to have these, they are in perfect condition and will be a lovely addition to some of my outfits. 
 All wonderful small things that add so much to my vintage life, making it feel even more authentic and far away from modern living. I told you that I was a cheap date when little things like these give me a warm fuzzy glow inside, but having said that, if someone would like to buy me a vintage fridge, well then I wouldn't say no! 
                    Till next time dears xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh Miss Pond, I remember those waterproof shoe covers, they look very stylish with a good old fashioned - sorry, vintage pacamac. I love the little clip on tray. You could rest your cup of tea or coffee on there.

    The cafe dwellers say hello, and are very grateful for the emergency supplies you dropped off today. The cafe has been closed for renovations for a couple of days which is why you couldn't find it on your earlier visit. All open and ready for business again. The poor dears were starving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever is that tray! And the overshoes are rather nifty too. And what pretty earrings! I have some gorgeous vintage earrings, all costing £3 or less. Can't wait to see the earrings in an outfit post xx

    ReplyDelete